Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The league of bad parents

My darling son had his school picture taken just like every other year. And once again, I just didn't care for it. So I took him and had professional pictures done for an insane amount of money. Yesterday he comes home with a sheet of plastic. On this plastic are little "punch-out" tree ornaments with his picture on them.

These are accompanied by a letter from the school stating we can keep the cheap-o ornaments for a mere 10 bucks; or we can send them back the next day without buying them. What a racket! Of course all the kids have seen their cute little faces adorning the piece of plastic. They WANT them! They must have them! They can't live without them!

So us parents are completely suckered into shelling out ten bucks for flimsy, cheap Christmas tree ornaments with pictures of our kids we don't even like! (We don't like the pictures, not the kids). And if we don't want the ornaments, our kids feel like we don't love them.

Someone at that school must have won some sort of prize for coming up with this "fundraiser".

GGGRrrrrrrr.....

In a completely unrelated topic, who has got their Christmas shopping done? Man, this time last year my presents were bought, wrapped, ribboned and labeled. This year, nada. I have really got to get on this!

I love, love, LOVE shopping online! I even have my credit card number memorized with the little security number on the back.

Warm Regards,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment